What about feeding?
Before the lessons
- Please do not feed your child for at least 2 hours before their class is scheduled to begin.
- A small portion of food is recommended.
- Whole fruit, vegetables with skins and milk-based products, in particular, are not recommended as they are not easily digested and can be brought back up very easily with activity. This includes blueberries, strawberries, grapes, apples, pineapple, tangerines, celery, broccoli and other similar foods.
*Please note, this is important advice to follow as failure to do so may cause your child to vomit and could lead to the closure of the pool due to contamination concerns.
After the lessons
- We advise waiting 30 minutes before eating.
- Children over 3 years old and above in the intermediate programme upwards can eat more normally before lessons, but should still allow plenty of time for digestion before they get in the water.