What is the best option for my child, private or group lessons?
There is no standard answer to this question if we attend that we are all individuals with unique personalities, different ways of learning, and different needs and goals.
The Water Safety Programme lessons are always 1:1 (one swimmer / one instructor), so every minute of the lesson is active.
The 2:1 lessons are only offered for children aged + 3,5 only in our Ready to Swim programme, where there is another swimmer of similar swimming ability, and stage of emotional development and can match lesson days and times.
Please, read below some of the differences between group and private lessons.
Private lessons (1:1)
- Great for swimmers who need more individualised attention or have trouble staying on task in group situations.
- Lessons are tailored to the individual with the attention required given to reach their full potential.
- Technique can be corrected to the smallest detail.
- The cost of the lessons is higher but excellent results are expected in a shorter period of time.
Group lessons (2:1)
- Swimmers can be motivated by watching their peers and trying to emulate the skills they are working on or working harder to improve.
- Swimmers can form life-long bonds and friendships with other students in their lessons and feel what it is like to be part of a team working towards a common goal.
- Each individual progresses at their own pace so some waiting time may be expected from one child to another.
- The cost of lessons is more affordable.